We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer that will provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles.
- designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- managing projects using engineering principles and techniques
- planning and designing new production processes
- producing details of specifications and outline designs
- recommending modifications following prototype test results
- using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
- considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
- a high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems
- good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a range of people, including clients, contractors, designers, directors and plant operators
- precise and concise written communication skills
- the ability to work well within a team
- IT skills, particularly computer-aided design
- creative ability
- the ability to work under pressure
- organisational skills, such as time and resource planning.
- BS degree in Engineering