The selected engineer is responsible for assisting in coordinating Southcross’s Pipeline Integrity efforts. Position is to provide technical/engineer support in the area of pipeline integrity. These capabilities are cross functional between gas and liquid pipelines. Engineer will be involved in creating and/or enhancing existing processes and developing and driving a consistent approach to pipeline integrity.
- Implement the written Integrity Management Plan, as well as standards and procedures to support the IMP.
- Provide training on company processes and procedures.
- Evaluate integrity assessment results to determine needed action.
- Provide input to new construction pipelines and due diligence to support Pipeline Integrity efforts.
- Maintain Company Integrity Management Plan, staying current with pipeline regulations, industry standards, integrity assessment methods and repair methods.
- Complete the Integrity Management Plan annual performance reports.
- BS in Engineering is preferred (Mechanical, Chemical or Metallurgy).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, manage through systems/processes, and develop integrated, creative solutions to pipeline issues impacting integrity, reliability and/or compliance.
- Working knowledge of various Federal and State pipeline regulations including Integrity Management regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities while working with various types of people.
- Candidate will be a self-motivated and self-directed individual with good communication and computer skills.